FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
1) How to enroll?
We will choose the right one for you and take care of everything else!
2) Where do the courses take place?
At Czech Courses Brno classrooms at Kounicova 35, Brno. The online classes run online.
3) Do I need to wait for a new course to start, or can I join an existing one?
You can join a running course, sure! Just let us know your idea about your level and convenient times.
4) I am not a beginner, but I don't see any new openings for my level.
All our courses are open courses. You can join a running course anytime.
You can come for a free trial class to a course that has already started in the past.
Just let us know your idea about your level and convenient times.
5) I will join a biweekly course that is already running. How much will the course fee be?
You are always welcome to join a free trial class. After the trial, you will decide whether you want to join or try another course.
Students always book 12 weeks (7,900 CZK per cycle of 24 x 90 minutes in-class lessons).
6) I am a beginner, and I want to pass the A2 exam for my permanent residency. Which level should I sign up for, and how long does it take?
If you are a beginner, you need to start from the beginning (A1 level), and you can join an A2 level group then.
Going directly to the A2 level is not possible, as you need to progress step by step.
The average time to prepare for the A2 level exam is 15-18 months (when you take your classes twice a week and do the extra work at home).
When you sign up for the intensive course, the average time to prepare for the exam is 10 months.
Yes, it takes a lot of time.
7) I have studied Czech before and I’m not sure what my level is.
8) I am not sure whether I am a total or false beginner.
Most of our total beginners students have been living in the Czech Republic for some time, have Czech relatives and know how to order food and buy basic things in the shop.
The false beginners know how to conjugate verbs in present and past tense, know what the accusative case is and can have a basic conversation about their hobbies, work and life.
9) How much does the course cost?
Please check the up-to-date prices on the courses timetable.
10) Do you offer discounts?
Yes! If you sign-up for a two-week intensive course (5.400 CZK), you will get a 400 CZK discount on any other subsequent 2-week intensive course, no matter when this new course starts!
11) What if I miss a class?
Any lesson cancelled by the student (with a 24-hour notice) can be made up for in the same month with another group of the same level.
12) How many students are there in a class?
The maximum number of students is 8; the average number of students in a class is 5 to 6.
13) Who will be my tutor?
We will tell you the name of your tutor when you sign up for a course.
14) Which books do you follow?
You’ll be told exactly which book to get according to the course you pick. For beginners courses we follow the books of Lída Holá - Czech Step by Step. But we also use lots of other materials, too - newspaper articles, books, songs...
15) Is the book included in the price of the course?
No, it is not. But you can get your book at our bookshop at competitive prices.
16) How can I make the payment?
We accept cash, credit cards, you can pay by bank transfers, paypal, transferwise, bitcoin, or via a wide range of benefit programmes.
17) Where can I find terms & conditions?
You can find it in our Terms & Conditions section.
18) Can I buy a voucher?
Yes! If you want to present someone with a valuable gift, you can order a dedicated voucher immediately. On a nice hand-made paper, or in an electronic form. Please contact us for more details.